Bodice layers

I finally finished the bodice mockup, and got to sewing! The bodice is silk taffeta, interlined with silk organza, and flatlined with plain white muslin. The silk organza adds crispness and body, without adding bulk.

Silk organza is so annoyingly widgy, so used a million pins.

Silk organza is so annoyingly widgy, so used a million pins.

Took a while to cut out, since I did every layer singly. I’ve found that if I try to fold fabric in half and then cut, I end up with something really inaccurate. So this was 18 things to cut – 3 layers x 3 pieces x 2 sides of the body. (I’m actually way ahead of this. But I don’t have more recent photos. Stay tuned.)

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 1850s, Danse Libre dress. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s