Muslin tweaks

 

So last time, I had all that excess droopiness around the shoulder area. I tried pinching out about a half inch all across the back.

24 no more droop

Woohoo that looks really good! I was so happy about this; I felt like such a real seamstress. Like, I’m at the point where I can look at a mockup, see where it is wrong, and KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. This is EXCITING!

It’s surprising how much the fabric tells you what needs to be fixed.

Here’s an interesting fix – this is the front piece.
25 dart goes into frontNotice at the right, how the fabric I pinched out at the back went all the way around into this front piece. That’s basically like a tiny little dart there! Since I don’t want a dart in the side of the front, I’m going to need to rotate that dart so it ends up going into the front darts which are already there.

Basically this:

I’m going to wait until I’ve cut out the new back pieces before fixing this front piece though, they might interact together in an unexpected way.

 

Advertisements
This entry was posted in 1890s, The First Lady Dress. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s